9.7.15

selfies


I've often wondered why the internet took so long to come up
with an official name for taking pictures of yourself.

^selfie above was taken in....2005? 2006? 2007?
ah, simpler times.


I'm all for selfies.
(obviously)

I don't mind a bad quality, bad angled, bad filtered selfie.
we grow and we learn how to improve the image we want the world to see us in.
but if you're still taking awfully structured selfies in your 20s,
you need to check yourself.

I love going through my old pictures,
it's like a time capsule.
!!! a selfie evolution !!!
you get to see how your style has changed over the years.
it's hilarious at how cringe worthy your old poses used to be
and that you should sigh out a breathe of relief to know that
you don't do those poses anymore.
phew.


I sometimes get fooled by myself...
In my younger selfie days,
I was yet familiar with the concept of makeup
and there lack of...
I compensated my poor lighting and complexion
with a crap load of photoshop.

no shame admitting it now... that i'm 23....
....
..
...

duplicate layer? lasso tool? gaussian blur? soft light?
I could photoshop my selfies with my eyes closed.

I don't think I wanted the approval of the anonymous,
I think I wanted the approval of myself.
That I wanted to be/look like someone I would accept.
 I still needed time to grow into my own skin.

makeup by the best Moe @ https://instagram.com/moe__lo


I don't photoshop anymore,
cos I leave it to the pros on shoots.
poor souls who have to endure photoshopping my unfit, untoned body.
sorry :D

selfies?
I just pick good lighting and a good filter.
I don't make exaggerated faces unless the makeup on me is dramatic.

I don't shame anyone who chooses to take pictures of themselves,
just make it good.
like everything in life,
put some effort into it,
make it something you're not ashamed of.




*


side note,
i've decided not to 'share' or update my social platforms when i type a new blog.
no point forcing my blog down people's throats when they cbf to read it...
or judge how they dislike the way i format my blogs.

yes sometimes i don't want to capitalise or punctuate correctly,
this is my blog and i'll format whatever the f* I wAnt In IT.

so hello to you :)
if you still regularily check my blog
or if you check on me once in awhile
without me informing.
:))
a double chinned smiley for you!

x


[A]











1 comment:

  1. Still waiting for a short story update though~ lol

    ReplyDelete

leaderboard